Q: Car cranks but wont start ?

My 2002 1.8T vw passat turns over but wont start. Befor it went out it would turn over once and wouldn't. Start. Second. Time i turn it over it would start. I parked it last night came out this morning and turns over but wont start at all now ?

Hi. There could be a couple reason why your car is not starting. One there could be a problem with the camshaft sensor or crankshaft sensor being faulty causing the car not to have spark which will cause the car not to start.

There also could be a problem with the fuel pump not working properly causing the car not to start now and giving you the hard start before. If the fuel pump is weak or coming on intermittently it will not send the proper fuel or fuel pressure to the injectors causing no start.

The worst case scenario is the timing belt has broken making the engine out time which will cause the car not to start.

I suggest you have highly qualified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come to you and diagnosis your no start problem for an accurate repair.

3. Car cranks but wont start ?