Q: What is that black thing in front of my car that's hanging?

There is a black thing in front of my car. When I drive I hear scratch/drag on the floor. What is that called and how much to repair?

Hi There, A number of things are black in color and may drag from the front of the vehicle if they happen to be loose or broken. There are many different under carriage guards that help to protect various engine components from debris on the road. Often times, these can become loose or break, which can cause them to hang down, rattle or drag along the ground if they are hanging on by one or two bolts. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at the vehicle and repair.

3. What is that black thing in front of my car that's hanging?