Q: Grinding noise but not pads

Ok, i am NO mechanic but im also not someone who needs to have someone do my pads, rotors, oil etc.. 7 out of 10 repairs i can usually handle myself but i cant for the life of me figure what this is. Its a grinding noise which sounds very much like pads down to the metal hitting rotors. Problem is the pads are fine... it happens when i turn somewhat sharp ( like turning intona driveway but not turning around a bend) and i hVe to be applying the brake at the same time. Although last night for the first time it did it without the brake. But for months now only left turn and braking. It doesn't happen on right turns. DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! everything seems tight under the car i tried putting grease anywhere i could. Its a 2013 charger 6cyl automatic. Any advice please? Thanks guys

Some common possibilities are a faulty outer CV joint on the axle, a defective wheel bearing, and/or interference between any rotating component (rotor, hub, etc) and fixed components such as the brake splash shield. There are other possibilities involving, for example, the differential in the transaxle but the more common possibilities should be considered first. As you have described it, the noise is obvious and marked and so will be readily pinpointed if you request a noise diagnostic through YourMechanic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.