Q: 2003 honda odyssey cooling fans don't turn on with AC, ac works while driving and shuts off when sitting still

I have a 2003 honda odyssey, and when i bought it i replaced the condenser and put on a used compressor. filled it up with the proper amount of freon and lube, everything works GREAT. now its warm out again i turn it on and it works fine, while im driving. and then shuts off when sitting still( after a few moments) i inspected the fans and they work fine( when i say they work fine i mean they spin freely, and when 12v is applied work normally) the Compressor shuts off after a few minutes of sitting still, and wont engage until after 3-4 minutes of driving. i got out and checked and both fans do not come on at all when the AC is on. the cooling fan rarely kicks on, but it does(never seen it on low before with ac off) the other day, after it was sitting shut the compressor down, (i assume overheated) and about 5-8 minutes later kicked back on and Voila! the Fans come on with it, switching from high and low and functioning normally. (one time this happened) And they wont come back on!

If the fans are not working properly and consistently to cool and condense the refrigerant in the condenser, pressure in the system could rise high enough to trip the high pressure cut off switch, thus accounting for the compressor shut down. There is a control circuit for the fans and that circuit will simply have to be traced for BOTH voltage drops and continuity and, as well, proper function of the relays and any temperature sensors that might be in the circuit. The factory wiring diagram is essential. To obtain this diagnostic, and get the required repairs implemented, please request an a/c condenser control circuit inspection and diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you promptly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. 2003 honda odyssey cooling fans don't turn on with AC, ac works while driving and shuts off when sitting still