Q: Sunroof switch malfunctions

asked by on February 08, 2016

My sunroof switch is malfunctioning. It seems to be losing connection. When it works, I hear the normal motor noise. When it does not work, there is no noise.

The switch may be intermittent, but the sunroof motor is more likely the issue; the motor may have a dead spot that causes it to not work in a particular spot in its rotation, but work in any other position. A mechanic can check to make sure the motor is the cause by testing that the switch is sending power to the motor, but the motor is not working. I suggest having a reputable mobile mechanic come out and run a full diagnostic on your sunroof, and recommend the most appropriate repair.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr