Q: Loud sound from engine/Front near or under Front seats

asked by on April 29, 2017

A while ago I noticed a loud sound coming from underneath my car. Me and a buddy realized it was the exsaught gasket and changed them. The sound seemed a little quiter for a while now it's incredibly loud. It sounds like rattling when in idle or stopped. When I shut off the car it sounds like something is about to fall off! Im a 18year old and don't have alot of know lage on cars or money and was wondering what this problem could be!

It sounds like you may have a loose heat shield on your exhaust. These heat shields are installed to prevent exhaust heat from reaching other components of the vehicle. These shields can often rust themselves loose and cause this rattling sound you are hearing. I would recommend having a qualified professional inspect your exhaust system to determine if any heat shields are loose. If so, depending on what they are shielding heat from, you can just have them removed. If they are protecting anything important however I would recommend having new ones installed.