Q: What should I do if I run out of gas?

What should I do if I run out of gas?

While your car is equipped with a couple of different warning systems to alert you to the fact that you’re low on gas, it’s still possible to run out while you’re on the road. In this instance, you’ll have to add gas from something other than a gas pump (a portable gas can, for instance). Because your car has the Easy Fuel® system, you need to follow a couple of important steps here:

• Don’t insert the gas can nozzle into the tank.
  1. Open the fuel door.

2. Use the funnel located in the passenger side cargo compartment.

3. Pour gasoline into the funnel and then into the tank (with the funnel inserted in the filler).

4. Drive to the gas station and fill up the tank.

Tip

ONLY use the provided filter when you have to add gasoline from a portable gas can/container.

3. What should I do if I run out of gas?