Q: Car jumps into second gear

My car is having transmission issues. When going into second it jumps a bit. The engine light came on, and I was told it was a torque converter celluloid.

Hello. It very well can be that solenoid, but that is not too common. Many times this is caused by bad engine or transmission mounts. If they fail, the engine and transmission can move and cause this jump. Since the Check Engine Light is on I would typically scan the computer for codes. This will give me a starting point since it is a problem that the computer is seeing. From there, I can determine if it is the mounts or if it is a sensor or internal pressure or shift solenoid. If you are planning on having this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair your shifting issue.