Q: Car is running rough 2007 Ford Explorer

my 07 ford explorer v8 4.6 is running rough it seams to me its more at a idle but at one time it had a misfire on cylinder 4 well i more the coil from 4 to 1 and then cylinder 6 i replaced that coil it seamed to get better but not great any ideas

Loss of power Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello - first task is to check for problem codes, whether the Check Engine light is on or not. This will show "occasional errors" like the cylinder misfire you mention. A dirty idle air control valve, or throttle body, can cause poor idle and low-speed running. The coil misfire will more likely show up under engine load conditions: hills, acceleration, etc. I recommend a loss of power by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr