Q: Limp mode was on and I turned off the car. Now limp mode is off but the Check Engine Light is on.

limp mode was on and i turned off the car and limp mode is off but the check engine light is on

A: When the car goes into limp mode, generally...

When the car goes into limp mode, generally the reason for this is related to a critical component or sensor detecting a problem that may cause serious damage. There are existing codes in the computer which have been registered as a result of the vehicle going into limp mode. You will need to have the vehicle scanned to determine which codes have been registered and have those corrected in order to get the Check Engine Light to shut off. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to further diagnose your Check Engine Light and repair this.