Q: Check engine light is flashing and reduces the power of the engine.

asked by on September 30, 2016

Check engine light is flashing and reduces the power of the engine. I have changed the ignition coils, but the problem is still there.

I need help.

If the light is flashing then the computer system should have stored codes as to why the problem is happening. I recommend having the computer scanned by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to retrieve the codes and have them diagnosed. If there is a misfire code then that cylinder should be checked for problems with fuel, spark, or compression issues by the mechanic testing the vehicle for you.