Q: My car doesn't shift into 4th gear right but when it's in it runs great what's wrong

Shifter Bushings have been changed in my car it runs 1st shift on every gear but 4th almost always gives me trouble

With new shifter bushings, it is possible that you need to adjust the shifter linkage. It is also possible that a synchronizer within the transmission is going bad. It basically spins the gears up to the proper speed for easy engagement.

Unfortunately, YourMechanic does not perform transmission repairs. If it becomes unbearable, I would suggest having a transmission shop take a look at it or possibly have someone replace the unit with a good used or new unit.

If you’d like a second opinion about this, have the car looked at by a certified technician, who can diagnose your shifting issue firsthand and suggest a fix from there. Best of luck.

3. My car doesn't shift into 4th gear right but when it's in it runs great what's wrong