Q: Electrical problems on a 1990 Ford Mustang GT

1990 Ford Mustang GT convertible. The windows are not working and no locks, no seat.

A: You’ve got electrical problems. First, you’...

You’ve got electrical problems. First, you’d want to check all the fuse boxes and all the fuses and relays. See if anything’s blown or not getting power and if anything’s out. If they all went out at once, you’ve got a main power loss somewhere. The wires shorted out are going to one of the doors or something. You’re going to have to trace that up. If it lost it gradually, one after the other, then my advice is to start by checking one component at a time. Start with one window and take the door apart. Check to see if the motors are working by putting power in the ground to it. Check to see if the switch is getting power and then when it sends power if it’s turned on. Analyze it bit by bit. It’s the best way to do it rather than doing them all at once.

If you need help having this diagnosed, have a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home or office to inspect your electrical system.