Q: Car overheating.

Car is running hot. I had the starter and alternator replaced, which is when the overheating problem started.

A: The starter and alternator are not related ...

The starter and alternator are not related to your engines cooling system in any way. The overheating starting after these repair might be a coincidence, unless something was disconnected or damaged during the repair. Sometimes we as technicians disconnect or remove components to get more working space, or gain access to a part of the vehicle. Since we are human, we sometimes forget to plug them back in after we put things back.Have a technician visually inspect the vehicle to make sure all is in order. If all looks good, they should be able to diagnose your overheating issue.