Q: White smoke, won't start, 1999 Jeep Cherokee

asked by on August 25, 2016

It won't start but cranks and there's There's white smoke coming out the intake what can cause that

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replacement $105.83 - $795.44 Get a Quote
Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 1999 Jeep Cherokee. You need to check to see if your engine has spark to the spark plugs. This could also be due to a bad crankshaft sensor. The smoke coming out of intake may be from excess fuel getting into the engine without ignition. Scan and monitor data to see if crank sensor is sending signals to the computer to give the engine spark to run. If you would like to have this looked at, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the starting issue and assist with any needed repairs.