Q: Why doesn't my transmission shift properly after changing my throttle body and valve assembly on 2000 Nissan Maxima?

I had a code which was Idel air control valve. So I purchased a throttle body w/valve assembly on EBay. Replaced the throttle body w/valve assembley and now the transmission won't shift correctly. Please Help

Hi there. In some rare instances, if you completed the replacement of the throttle body without removing the battery cables, the ECU will trigger an error code that can disable some electrical systems; including the shift solenoid of the transmission. If this didn’t happen, it’s likely that the ECU has not been flashed or reset after the installation of the throttle body which can cause compatibility issues. You might want to start by having a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to shift inspection so they can begin the diagnosis process and hopefully resolve this issue.

3. Why doesn't my transmission shift properly after changing my throttle body and valve assembly on 2000 Nissan Maxima?