The pipe behind my muffler where the clamp is started to leak so I just had my neighbor cut off the muffler. Obviously there is a risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. Will it be safe for me to always have my windows down until I buy I new muffler?
My car has 180000 miles.
My car has an automatic transmission.
It is never safe to drive with the muffler removed and the exhaust not exiting the vehicle out the back. You should not wait too long before getting it repaired. Remember that carbon monoxide is an odorless and colorless gas. You may get asphyxiated before you realize you are even breathing in excess amounts of the gas.
Our certified mechanics come to you ・Backed by 12-month, 12,000-mile guarantee・Fair and transparent pricing