Q: Steering wheel feels lighter and seems to provide less road feedback.

I've been noticing recently that the steering wheel feels different. It feels less "connected" and like it's taking less torque to turn the steering wheel and I'm getting less road feedback. It used to feel like the wheel had more weight and was very sensitive and provided a lot of road feedback. I do not put a lot of miles on the car, but the miles I do have are virtually all town driving on bumpy roads, if that matters.

Your vehicle is equipped with electric power steering (EPS). A steering angle sensor other various sensors, are used to provide input to the EPS control module. The module uses this information to determine control of an electric motor, which is used to turn the power steering rack. A problem in this system can affect steering feel. It might be something as simple as software update for the control module. A professional, such as one from YourMechanic, can diagnose and repair your steering issue.

3. Steering wheel feels lighter and seems to provide less road feedback.