Q: How do you engage automatic locking mode on the seat belts?

How do you engage automatic locking mode on the seat belts?

A: Your seat belts can be set to vehicle sensi...

Your seat belts can be set to vehicle sensitive mode, which allows the shoulder belt to extend and retract as you need it. It will automatically lock when the system detects sudden deceleration while you’re traveling at over 5 MPH. However, you can also set your seat belts (the passenger front and all rear seat belts) to automatic locking mode. Here’s how to do that:

1. Connect the buckle and the seat belt tongue.

2. Pull the shoulder belt down until it is completely extended from the retractor.

3. Let the belt retract. It should make a clicking sound. If you don’t hear it clicking, automatic locking mode is not engaged.

To deactivate automatic locking mode, just release the buckle and let the seat belt retract.

Tip

Automatic locking mode must be engaged again every time you unbuckle the seat belt.