Q: The ignition cylinder needs changed out on my car

My car has been having issues lately with not starting. I got the battery tested and the mechanic said that the battery was the problem. However, the key sticks whenever I try to start the car. It takes quite a bit of jiggling to get it in the right spot. Is the ignition cylinder something that I can fix myself? I have minimal experience with cars.

If you plan on repairing or replacing the ignition cylinder on the vehicle yourself, then I would suggest getting a service manual to do this. I may give you the directions to do it, but If I missed one step, and you mess up or get hurt by the air bag then you would come back and say I messed up. This job is not for a novice that does not know how to disable the air bags properly or does not have the special tools to remove the switch. If you need help with this, have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your car’s ignition cylinder and make the necessary repairs for you.