Q: Hello Jim.. I am replacing an alternator in a Scion xb and have everything covered except I can find any info on the belt tensione

Hello Jim.. I am replacing an alternator in a Scion xb and have everything covered except I can find any info on the location of the tension release.

If you are planning to replace your alternator and need to release the tension on the belt for removal, I would recommend starting by removing the front right wheel. Then I would remove the splash guard behind the wheel to gain access to the pulley system. Once this has been done, you should be able to see the belt tensioner. The tensioner likely has a square hole in which to fit a 3/8ths or 1/2 inch drive ratchet into. Once this has been done you can turn the ratchet to release tension from the belt. Installation is reverse of removal.

3. Hello Jim.. I am replacing an alternator in a Scion xb and have everything covered except I can find any info on the belt tensione