Q: my engine is louder than usual it seemed to be overworking today it was vibrating then while driving I smelled strong burnt like s

asked by on December 28, 2016

i recently got a new fuel pump replaced. I did notice my engine seemed ro be vibrating noticably and loud. my engine is louder than usual it seemed to be overworking today it was vibrating then while driving I smelled strong burnt like smell and white smoke came from my hood what could this mean?

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vibration is coming from the engine not working correctly. The cause of this is the focus of our attention. The white smoke is a sign that a fluid of some sort is being burned with the air/fuel mixture in the combustion chamber. With that being said, there quite a few components that may be at fault. We want to find out what type of fluid is being burned, and if it is the cause of the engine misfiring. Check all of your fluids (oil, coolant, transmission fluid) to see which ones are low. If oil or coolant is low, you may have a bad head gasket or valve cover gasket. Also check your spark plugs to see if any fouling has occurred. Further testing will help steer you in the right direction. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.