Q: When slowing down and then accelerating transmission is jerky and makes a clunking noise.

when slowing down and then accelerating the transmission is jerky and makes a clunking noise. Is this a real transmission problem or something else?

It is possible that you could have faulty U-joints or a bad transmission mount causing this issue. I would recommend having your vehicle inspected by a qualified professional to determine if either one of these parts are faulty. Consider YourMechanic as this can be done at your home or office.

3. When slowing down and then accelerating transmission is jerky and makes a clunking noise.