Q: When slowing down and then accelerating transmission is jerky and makes a clunking noise.

asked by on November 27, 2017

when slowing down and then accelerating the transmission is jerky and makes a clunking noise. Is this a real transmission problem or something else?

It is possible that you could have faulty U-joints or a bad transmission mount causing this issue. I would recommend having your vehicle inspected by a qualified professional to determine if either one of these parts are faulty. Consider YourMechanic as this can be done at your home or office.