Hood release not working sprinter 2500 v6-3.0l turbo dies...

Q: Hood release not working

asked by on February 12, 2016

The hood release does not work.

It sounds like the cable for the hood release has broken. These cables usually break at the connector under the dash. If this is the case, you can still open the hood; just find where the cable connects, and pull this, and it should open the hood. If it is broken elsewhere, it may be more difficult to get the hood up. If the latch is working and the hood won’t pop up, you may be able to get a friend to press on the hood while you pull the release, and get it to come up that way.