Q: I'm replacing a water pump in a Subaru Legacy. Do I need to use gasket sealant when replacing it? 1992 Subaru Legacy

The water pump went out in my car and so I'm replacing the water pump and thermostat do I need to use gasket sealant when replacing both of them?

Hi there - no, gasket sealer should not be required. the thermostat should come with an o-ring, and the water pump should come with a paper-like gasket. Neither should require gasket sealant as long as the o-ring and gasket are supplied and used as instructed. For assistance, I recommend a water pump replacement and a thermostat replacement performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, and make both of these repairs, getting you back on your way.

3. I'm replacing a water pump in a Subaru Legacy. Do I need to use gasket sealant when replacing it? 1992 Subaru Legacy