Q: Steering wheel hard to turn in 2009 Toyota Corolla

asked by on February 09, 2016

The steering wheel is tightening up and hard to steer. Also, the battery light came on.

If your steering wheel is tightening and and you’re having trouble steering, that means that your serpentine belt may have broken and needs to be replaced. Because your Battery Light has come on, it is possible that your battery and/or alternator needs to be replaced. It could be the battery, the alternator or both. Your problem could be a few things that are related or completely independent of each other.You need to have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, complete an inspection of your steering wheel problem and Battery Light issue.