Q: Car felt like it was losing power and jumped twice on the highway and once on a side street, what is this?

asked by on September 19, 2017

We were driving around 65 on the highway and the car felt like it didn't want to accelerate and jumped. When we got off the highway and were driving around 40ish it jumped once but had minimal acceleration loss. I'm worried it's the transmission but it didn't really feel like a slip. Any info on what it might be so I can get it fixed asap would be great. Thank you.

Ps. We are 3000 miles away from needing an oil change.

If your check engine light is on then you should have it checked to see if you have a misfire code or another code that may point to the cause of the problem. You may have a misfiring cylinder due to an ignition plug or coil failing. If it is in the transmission then it may have set a code to the internal problem.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr