Q: Crack on engine cradle

My daughter hit a guardrail on the driver's side. After taking off the tire, I noticed a crack on the engine cradle. Is this repairable?

A: Depending what part of the vehicle has crac...

Depending what part of the vehicle has cracked, it may or may not be repairable. If the crack has occurred on a replaceable component, such as a bracket, mount, or perhaps suspension arm, then it may be replaceable. However, if the crack has occurred directly on the vehicle's subframe, or frame, then this may be a more difficult repair to attempt. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, look at the cracked component, to see if it is indeed repairable or replaceable.