Q: Car making ticking noise

After an oil change, my car started making a ticking noise, and had an oil leak.

Hello! An oil leak should be looked at sooner, rather than later, to avoid possible engine damage. First, check to see that the oil level is full. You can return it to the shop that did the oil change, or you can get another tech to take a look at it. The cause could be that the drain plug or oil filter are loose, or have a leak. As for the ticking noise, it could be a noisy lifter; oftentimes, clean oil will loosen, say, a small piece of dirt, which plugs up a lifter, or causes a lifter to fail. One of the items on the belt drive could also be the cause of the noise. Performing an inspection to find the source of the ticking noise will have to be done on a running engine, so you may need the aid of a mechanic.