Q: Control arm

asked by on October 16, 2017

my suv was towed and they put a bigger hole where the front lower control arm bolt is located how can that be fixed? i took it to pep boys and they said the hole is to big for the bolt to stay in place what to do how can it be fixed?

Control Arm Assembly Replacement $124.30 - $980.94 Get a Quote

Unfortunately, without re-threading the bolt hole, the control arm may need to be replaced. In some cases, re-threading is a viable fix, however depending on the severity, it does not always work. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect the vehicle to determine the proper fix.