Q: Infotainment system freezing up

My F Sport infotainment system was freezing up. The first time was when I was adjusting the audio settings for each source. It locked up, and I couldn't use the joystick or change the station mode. I reset it by restarting the car and didn't have the problem in that screen anymore. But yesterday the system froze again with the navigation screen. I was driving on the freeway listening on my ipod. But this time I couldn't adjust the radio volume or turn it off. I reset it again by restarting my car and everything is worked. Do you have any ideas on these problems? Is there a better way to fix this?

A few different fault can cause the screen to lock up like this. The most common would be the touch screen failing, the info system failure, or the radio itself. Since your car is still fairly new, you may want to have this looked at by the dealer to see what can be done. Take the car to them first to see if they can make any repairs under warranty.

3. Infotainment system freezing up