Q: Defrost doesn't heat up until I start driving

I can start my truck in the morning when it's cold (windshield frosted/iced over), and more and more it's getting where it just blows cold air. It won't start blowing hot air until I drive just a little ways, then it fires right up and works perfectly. Without scraping the windshield, it's problematic to drive until it kicks in when there is limited/no visibility through the windshield!

Hello:

Although it’s possible that you may have an issue with your heater, it’s difficult to determine this without physically inspecting your Dodge. However, the heating system receives it’s heat from coolant that circulates through your motor. It takes some time to create enough heat to allow warm air to build up. So, it’s possible that there isn’t anything wrong with your defroster or heater.

3. Defrost doesn't heat up until I start driving