Q: Chances of repairing a cracked exhaust manifold vs replacing?

asked by on March 19, 2017

What are the chances of repairing a cracked exhaust manifold vs having to replace this part? Seems that it's a very common problem with these cars and yet the manifolds are still high dollar.

If you are wanting to fix a crack in an exhaust manifold rather than replacing it, you would need to clean the manifold up, weld the crack, and clean the surface up to a true connection as the manifold will distort when it gets very hot during the welding process. The best move would be to replace the manifold with a non cracked manifold. If you need further assistance with your exhaust leak, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.