Q: On my 2009 Ford Escape, the steering wheel vibrates/shakes harshly when car is turned on & continues while in P, D, R, N, all gear

asked by on March 20, 2018

On my 2009 Ford Escape, the steering wheel vibrates/shakes harshly, making severe almost grinding noises, when car is turned on & continues while in P, D, R, N, all gears. When driving, it jerks to both right and left, causing me to have to hold tight to steering wheel.

Hi Tiffany. Thanks for contacting us today. There are several moving parts that comprise the steering and suspension system on your Ford Escape. One or a few of them could be loose or damaged and be causing this issue. However, without completing an on-site inspection, it’s hard to tell you what repairs should resolve these issues.