Q: Had new Mass airflow sensor put on an now I'm getting a code p0171 what could it be

in the morning I start it up an it start putting an shut off but starts back up gotta put it in drive when warming up

This relates to a lean fuel condition which can be caused by many different things such as:

• Intake air leaks
  • Faulty front heated oxygen sensor
  • Ignition misfiring
  • Faulty fuel injectors
  • Exhaust gas leaks
  • Incorrect fuel pressure
  • Lack of fuel
  • Faulty Mass Airflow (MAF) sensor (You already replaced, so it should not be this)
  • Incorrect Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) hose connection

I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your trouble code firsthand and help you repair it as necessary.

• Had new Mass airflow sensor put on an now I'm getting a code p0171 what could it be