Q: Had new Mass airflow sensor put on an now I'm getting a code p0171 what could it be

asked by on September 29, 2016

in the morning I start it up an it start putting an shut off but starts back up gotta put it in drive when warming up

Engine is misfiring Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Fuel Injector Replacement $379.42 - $3631.88 Get a Quote
Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

This relates to a lean fuel condition which can be caused by many different things such as:

• Intake air leaks
  • Faulty front heated oxygen sensor
  • Ignition misfiring
  • Faulty fuel injectors
  • Exhaust gas leaks
  • Incorrect fuel pressure
  • Lack of fuel
  • Faulty Mass Airflow (MAF) sensor (You already replaced, so it should not be this)
  • Incorrect Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) hose connection

I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your trouble code firsthand and help you repair it as necessary.