I have a 2.3 L and switching to a 3.0 L. How do I know wh...

Q: I have a 2.3 L and switching to a 3.0 L. How do I know what new ECM and wiring harness to buy?

I'm getting a new engine and it's a 3.0 and my current one is broken down and is a 2.3z I'm told i need a new wiring harness and ECM but when i search i'm confused on how to search whether it's 3.0 ford escape ecm and harness or 2.3.

Hi there. The best thing to do is go to the local parts store and have them get a harness for your vehicle with a 2.3L engine and a 3.0L engine. Then you can compare the different wiring harnesses to determine if you can use the same harness or if you need a new one. The harnesses will show you the connection ports to the computer, so you can determine if your computer will match. If you need further assistance with your engine swap, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.