Q: My car shuts off while driving and then turns back on multiple times or shuts off after driving and car turns off.

It didn't start until I was in a backing accident. After getting the car fixed the a/c and car radio would shut off and come back on. Then when I would turn the car off nothing would work. The horn, popping the trunk or gas door. After the car sits it would be fine. It stopped for a while. I got it checked out and had a bad diode alternator. I got it replaced and it started happening again. Now the car will stall and shut off and nothing will work or it will turn off while driving and then start back up. The heat/radio still constantly shuts off and now thw warning light and abs light will come on and stay on. Then after awhile with the car running fine it will act up and then the lights will turn off. The starter is fine and battery. I don't know if something is overloading the alternator or a bad sensor.

Hi there. Check the alternator and make sure that the wiring it connected tight. Check the battery cables and make sure that they are tight and clean. Look for any loose ground wires to the chassis on the vehicle. If everything checks out to be working correctly, then the PCM may need to be replaced as it may have a battery disconnect condition. If you need further assistance with multiple functions shutting off, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. My car shuts off while driving and then turns back on multiple times or shuts off after driving and car turns off.