Q: Check Engine Light is on and I am getting codes P2600, P22aa, and P24aa

This morning when I started my bmw x5 3.0 I felt is misfiring then I just went a block then engine start knocking. Wht it could be please help me

A: Hello. The codes you have provided are rela...

Hello. The codes you have provided are related to the engine and emissions systems. P2600 appears to be related to an issue with the engine's coolant pump circuit. This model of vehicle uses an electric water pump. The computer will set off the Check Engine Light if it detects that the water pump circuit has an issue. This problem can sometimes be serious as an engine will quickly overheat if it is driven with a nonfunctional water pump.

The other 2 codes appear to be associated with the vehicle's emissions system, pointing to issues with the oxygen sensors. All of these issues may or may not be related to the misfire or engine noises. Usually, engine noises are the result of a mechanical issue, which may be possible if the engine overheated. As there appears to be more than one issue, and even the risk of overheating, I would recommend having the vehicle looked at by a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to determine what the source of the misfires may be and to determine if the water pump may need to be replaced.