Q: Turn off theft lock Ford Escape 2001

I just replaced the whole steering column with key and now it will not start up. When I try to start it I just get a blinking theft light. The key turns, it isn't locked or anything. Battery and starter are fine. Lights work. How do I fix this?

If you still have one of the old programed keys from the other steering column all you have to do is hold it near the ignition when you turn on the key to see if it starts this way. If it does then all you need to do is hold key just behind the ignition lock on the cover and turn the key to on. Then turn off key and pull it out and just put in new key with no other keys near ignition and turn key to on all within 5 seconds. Then turn off key and put in another key and turn on ignition. Once new keys are programmed it should start with the new keys. If still have issue then Ford will need to reprogram the keys into the computer theft module.

3. Turn off theft lock Ford Escape 2001