Q: 2009 Audi A4 2.0t Quattro, I think the oil sensor might be bad.

asked by on October 10, 2017

The MMI says to add oil immediately when I turn the car on. I will add the oil while car is off. I turn the car on, and the message goes away. I drive to work, shut off car, come back some time later to drive home and when I turn the car back on, the message re appears "add oil immediately". Am I doing something wrong? Or is it a sensor? Or something else? No leaking oil on the ground under the car

Oil Pressure Sensor Replacement $88.87 - $411.13 Get a Quote
Oil Pressure Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The oil pressure light will usually come on when a few things could be happening. Either the motor is in fact low on oil, the oil pump could be failing or not pumping oil sufficiently or the oil pressure sending unit is not working properly and may be producing a faulty reading. If the engine is in fact low on oil, you may notice the temperature gauge reading above normal temperatures as a result of the lack of sufficient oil in the motor. I would recommend checking the actual oil level in the motor by using the dipstick. Be sure the oil level reaches the "full" mark. If this registers as "full" then you likely have a faulty oil pressure sending unit. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle to determine what may be causing your low oil pressure light to come on.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr