Q: Car hesitates when I accelerate

My car hesitates when I accelerate.

Engine hesitates during acceleration Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

There are many possible reasons as to why a vehicle may hesitate on acceleration. If the Check Engine light has come on I would recommend having the vehicle scanned for trouble codes. Modern gasoline engines run highly sophisticated engine control systems, and thus can be prone to a wide variety of problems that may affect the engine performance. Scanning for trouble codes will often reveal useful information on the source or nature of the problem. If no Check Engine light is present, I would then recommend having the hesitation issue properly diagnosed by a knowledgable technician, such as one from YourMechanic.