Q: My RPM is very erratic and the engine surges on my 2006 Hyundai Elantra

Brief power losses and power surges on the highway. Very high RPMs while in neutral, very low RPMs while in drive but stopped.

Hello. I would usually start by scanning the computer for codes to see if anything comes up. If there are no codes then I would check and see if there are any sensors that are not reading correctly. It sounds like you may have an issue with something as simple as needing a tune up or it may be an issue with the air flow sensor not reading correctly or it may have a vacuum leak in the engine. You need to have a certified mechanic, like one from YourMehcanic, that can come to you to [diagnose why the engine surges like this] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-not-getting-enough-power-inspection

• My RPM is very erratic and the engine surges on my 2006 Hyundai Elantra