Auto mechanics maintain, inspect, and repair cars. The auto repair business requires attention to detail as well as an understanding of the mechanical trade. Due to the ever-evolving mechanical world and increasing role of vehicles in the economy, it is incredibly important that those seeking automotive technician jobs have a good education and keep up with changes in the industry. Mechanic schools provide individuals with a strong knowledge of motors, parts, diagnostic software, and more. Once a mechanic graduates, they are prepared to work at any shop or as mobile mechanics, making them a tremendous asset to the automotive world.
- Power Electronics for Electric and Hybrid Vehicles: Sales for electric-powered vehicles are on the rise. Here mechanics will learn just how much these vehicles can impact the future.
- Rechargeable Battery Discovery Promises Cheaper Renewable Energy Storage: Discover the developments that researchers from Richmond, Washington, have made in regard to the efficiency of a rechargeable zinc-manganese battery.
- Untrained Mechanics Warned of Risk of Tinkering With Electric Cars: Electric cars might be the way of the future, but without proper education, mechanics may put their lives at risk trying to fix them.
- 10 Ways Alternative Energy Is About to Change the Way Tech Gets Powered: Alternative energy is changing, and how these changes impact technology, including vehicles, is detailed on this informational page.
- Solar-Electric Vehicles May Not Be Pie in the Sky: Not only is it an excellent idea to use alternative energy to power cars, but it is an equally good idea to use renewable energy to charge those vehicles.
- Alternative Fuels Data Center: Here the U.S. Department of Energy provides a ton of great information about the research on and advancement of electricity as a vehicle fuel.
- The Future of Cars Could Be Solar: With every passing day, more and more developments are made in the field of alternative energy, and it looks like solar power could be the future of cars.
- Alternative-Fuel Conversion: Anyone looking for details about alternative-fuel vehicle and engine conversions should check out this informative page.
- Top Eight Alternative Fuels: Here, readers will find specifics on the top alternative fuels, including the pros and cons of each source.
- Incentive Programs for Alternative Fuels and Vehicles: The state of California offers residents many incentives if they purchase and drive alternative-fuel vehicles over traditional gasoline-fueled cars.
Automotive Architecture and Design
- The Rise and Evolution of "Carchitecture": Check out these famous architects who became car designers.
- Innovative Car Designs of the 20th Century: From the Model T to the Mustang, certain auto designs have had a particularly great influence on the industry.
- Sculpting Cars in Virtual Reality: Car design is changing, and the future involves 3D modeling and sculpting software.
- The Future of Automotive Design: Take a look at the world of automotive designers and discover where they come from and what drives them to design.
- A History of Scholarship on American Automobile Design: Visit this link to read an excellent article on the history of American automotive design, and the postmodern validation of auto design as art.
- What Is GIS?: Those who are unfamiliar with the concept of a GIS should check out this page to get a better understanding of what a GIS is and how it relates to vehicles.
- The Key to Self-Driving Cars: Maps (video): One of the most important tools for a car that can safely drive itself is an up-to-date GIS.
- It's a GIS World: GIS technology is rapidly becoming a part of everything around us, from car GPS devices to business data-crunching.
- Roads and Highways: A GIS stores, analyzes, and displays the information that drivers read on their GPS devices. Learn how all of this information works together to make driving on roads and highways easier.
- GIS Evolution and Future Trends: Here, find out about the current world of GIS and the things expected for the future.
Heavy Equipment Technology
- Technology Takes Giant Leaps Forward: There are many changes taking place in heavy equipment technology, and these advances can be read about on this page.
- Advances in Construction Technology: A common term in the heavy equipment industry is "telemetrics," and it is important to know what that technology term involves.
- New Construction Technology: Advancements Made in Engine Designs: Check out the design and technology changes achieved in recent heavy equipment models here.
- Tech Invocations Drive Increases in Heavy Equipment Leases and Rentals (PDF): In this document, discover how technology has enabled a wide range of people to be able to use heavy equipment.
- Coolest Construction Technology Innovations in 2015: Every year, technology advances are made, and on this website, readers can explore the coolest construction technology innovations of 2015.
- Buying Your First Welder: This is an informative guide for beginning welders looking for details on how to choose the right equipment.
- Automotive Welding: Tube Steel Projects: Check out this step-by-step guide on how to weld tube steel projects.
- Welding Car Side Panels: On this website, find a few tricks of the trade for welders looking to weld car side panels.
- Two Metals Enter, One Leaves: The Miracle of Friction Stir Welding: Discover what friction stir welding is and how it works on vehicles.
- Addressing Welding Challenges in Today's Automotive Industry: Like other industries, welding has its share of challenges, and here, readers can learn about the challenges within the automotive industry.