Q: How much would it cost to convert a 98' range rover from air suspension to spring suspension?

I'm considering buying a 98' Range Rover for 1100 the body is clean the title is clean the interior is clean. The owner says the car runs fine, but the suspension is dropped. Mechanics recommended switching to a spring suspension to avoid future maintenance problems with the air suspension. I just want a rough estimation of how much that would cost... parts & labor. There's also a leak from the "front seal" in the engine. How much would that be to fix

The cost of conversion varies depending in part on where you purchase the conversion kit from. I suggest finding a kit with all the components needed rather than piecing it together. Cost will also vary depending on the quality of the components. To get an idea of the cost to install, YourMechanic can provide you with a quote for a suspension springs replacement. You will need to enter information about your vehicle and your location. You may need to call our service line at 1-800-701-6230 to clarify the job you want us to do and to determine the final cost of labor. Many kits will state the time needed for installation.

• How much would it cost to convert a 98' range rover from air suspension to spring suspension?