Q: Hello! I have a 2013 Honda CRV and it's making a grinding noise on a cold engine start up! I'm pretty sure it's the VTC Actuator.

Hello! I have a 2013 Honda CRV and it's making a grinding noise on a cold engine start up! I'm pretty sure it's the VTC Actuator. Is it complicated to fix or just a few hours?

Hi there. The replacement of a VTC Actuator is not really complicated. However, it will depend on your familiarity of the Honda four-cylinder engine and whether you do the right thing and purchase a service and repair manual for your Honda CR-V; which should give you detailed instructions for completing this service.

3. Hello! I have a 2013 Honda CRV and it's making a grinding noise on a cold engine start up! I'm pretty sure it's the VTC Actuator.