Q: Q: Clicking Sound

I was driving a 1994 crown Victoria motor was not tapping but the car just shut down and when I try to crank it it just clicks it has oil in it but it ran hot

Hi There, This clicking sound usually indicates you have a weak or dead battery or potentially a faulty starter solenoid. A faulty starter solenoid will generally produce a clicking sound when turning the key. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. As electricity is supplied to the starter a small gear comes out and engages the flywheel to spin the engine over as you turn the key. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. If the engine ran hot and potentially caused a blown head gasket, which may have leaked coolant into any of the cylinders, this could have also caused the motor to lock as a result of too much coolant in a cylinder. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Q: Clicking Sound