Q: Occasional difficult startup - 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport

My car sometimes has difficulty starting. It always starts, but it ocassionally takes a while. It happens usually when the engine is warmed up. The battery is tested and checks out fine. I went to the dealership but they don't know what is causing this. There are no error codes either. Do you have any idea what might be wrong?

A: Hey there. Heat alters operating parameters...

Hey there. Heat alters operating parameters and causes phenomena ranging from higher resistance in ignition circuits to vapor lock. When the car is HOT, it would be sensible to investigate the ignition system first and see if any obvious faults pop up. If you need to have this looked at, a qualified expert from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the hard start and pinpoint the problem.