Q: When I am in park my car starts to over heat but as soon as I take it out of park it starts to cool? When this happens it also ma

My car when in park starts to over heat but as soon as I put it in drive the temp goes down. When it starts it over hear it also make a noise . I even turn my car off to cool it down to see if that's the issue. I have checked my liquids and everything. Someone said it might be the fan . Help please

If the engine temperature drops once you are moving that is due to increased air flow through the radiator and also the speed, and hence output, of the water pump increases with engine speed which also tends to reduce coolant temperature. As you have noted, non functioning cooling fan(s) at idle could be a cause of overheating. However, there are additional possibilities that need to be ruled out and there are sometimes multiple, coincident causes of overheating. If the car is overheating do not drive the car because overheating can warp the cylinder head and/or engine block causing costly damage. Apart from non functioning cooling fans, other common causes of overheating include low coolant level (including that due to leaks), a faulty thermostat, a plugged radiator, a faulty radiator pressure cap, collapsed hoses, and a faulty water pump or drive belt. Certain engine faults, such as a leaking head gasket, poor engine running condition or exhaust blockages can also cause overheating. An important thing to keep in mind is once an engine has overheated, you should replace your engine cooling thermostat because episodes of overheating can damage the thermostat. If the thermostat is damaged, and left in place, that can set the stage for future cooling system problems. If you desire that this overheating problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. When I am in park my car starts to over heat but as soon as I take it out of park it starts to cool? When this happens it also ma