Q: AC blowing hot air in 2010 Nissan Rogue

My AC is blowing hot air only and my cigarette lighter is not charging my cell phone anymore. In addition, the brake lights have been changed twice within the last two months, but they still keep going out.

A: Hi. Usually, the cigarette lighter fuse blo...

Hi. Usually, the cigarette lighter fuse blows because the accessory (such as a cell phone charger) draws too much current. I would check the fuse. According to the wiring diagram, it should be fuse #19, which is rated at 15 amps. It should be located in the junction box under the hood. As far as the brake light bulb goes, you may have gotten a bad bulb if it only happened twice. If the bulb continues to fail, I suspect an intermittent overcharging problem or a bad connection at the bulb. A loose connection can allow current to arc, heating up the bulb and connector. A trained mechanic can easily inspect your vehicle's electrical components to pinpoint which part damaged. Finally, there are countless of reasons for your A/C to not be blowing cold. These range from low refrigerant to a failed compressor. A trained technician will do an A/C performance test on your system. This test uses a set of gauges to measure the pressure on both sides of your A/C system. The technician will then use the gauge readings to diagnose your vehicle. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the A/C system in your vehicle.