Q: 2004 chevy silverado 2500hd dies when put in gear after the engine warms up

I replaced the transmission and when the engine gets warmed up it dies when put in gear or when tryin to stop

Hello, thank you for writing in. Unfortunately, there are a large number of components that can contribute to this issue. The first thing you will want to do, regardless of a check engine light being present or not, is to scan the vehicle for diagnostic codes. If there is a sensor that has failed, we are hoping it will show up there and make diagnostics a lot quicker. Otherwise, you will want to take a look at several components. Due to the loss of power and stalling at an idle speed, you want to take a look at the idle air control valve, and the throttle. Make sure they are both clean and able to function as needed. You may also want to inspect and test the temperature sensors, such as the air intake temp sensors, and the coolant temperature sensor. For more help with diagnostics and resolving the issue, contact our service department.

3. 2004 chevy silverado 2500hd dies when put in gear after the engine warms up